Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tried it Tuesday {Twitter}


Hi Friends!! I'm linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday! Hop on over and join - she posted some great information for new bloggers :)

So, I finally dove in. This summer I started with Instagram and Twitter! I was already struggling with blogging because I was so new and I felt like I didn't really have a place. Then I got transferred from K/1 to 8th grade math and suddenly I REALLY didn't have a blogging identity, so I set it aside. When I started reading blog posts from the summer TPT convention, and how important social media is, I decided to jump back in - boy did I!

I have benefited from both, but today I want to tell you why I love Twitter:

1. Twitter is an amazing place to keep up with educational news. I am following some brilliant teachers, but I've also been following places like  and @HuffPostEdu  
who post daily articles that I love to read and share.

2. Twitter is a great place to meet teachers, and to learn from them! Did you know you can go join discussions on twitter? I sure didn't! The first time I visited one it was #teacherfriends. It happens every Tuesday night at 9. There is usually a guest speaker, they give away prizes, and at the end they leave a few minutes for you to post your blog, insta, and TPT information for sharing. The first time I joined I was completely overwhelmed. Tweets were just flying everywhere! The moderator there took the time to help me get started with tweetdeck. It's a great platform that makes it easier to follow a stream of tweets. If you are going to join, I have also found that it's much easier to tweet from your laptop than your phone. (Maybe that's just because I have old eyes and big fingers!) If you head over at 8:30, they have a newbie chat so you can get used to the frenzy before it really starts. Here's the information on tonight's chat. Hope to see you there!


3. Well, it's just plain fun! Follow a few comedians and get your humor fix, too :)

4. You can follow local restaurants and favorite places and get coupons and information about sales. Who doesn't love a good sale?

5. Finally, it's a great place to advertise your products. Unlike instagram, you can include a link directly to your blog or your TPT store.

YAY TWITTER!!! Go TRY it!

Thanks for listening and have a GREAT day!!

Annie



1 comment:

  1. This is really inspiring, Annie! Twitter is one social media that I have stayed away from. It can all be so overwhelming and I just RECENTLY started Instagram. I know, I know...I am behind the times! :) Thanks so much for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete